Following are excerpts from an interview with Palestinian-Lebanese journalist and head of Free Palestine Movement Yasser Qashlaq; the interview aired on Al-Manar TV on June 18, 2010.
According to Egypt's Al-Ahram Weekly, Qashlaq is "the main donor" of the Freedom Flotilla 2. He was quoted by the Palestine News Network as stating that the Freedom Flotilla 2 could include up to 50 ships and that members of his group, the Free Palestine Movement, will be joined by a ship organized by Journalists Without Borders.
· To view this clip on MEMRI TV, visit http://www.memri.org/legacy/clip/0/0/0/0/0/0/2522.
· To view the MEMRI TV page for Al-Manar TV, visit http://www.memritv.org/subject/en/116.htm.
· To view the MEMRI page for Flotilla, visit http://www.memri.org/subject/en/833.htm.
· To view the MEMRI TV page for Flotilla, visit http://www.memritv.org/subject/en/834.htm.
· To view the MEMRI Guide to the Middle East's page about the Flotilla, visit http://www.memri.org/flotilla/.
"Let Gilad Shalit Return to Paris"
Yasser Qashlaq: "Whenever that criminal gang of Israeli pirates seizes a ship, I become more optimistic that the day will come when these ships will carry these dregs of European garbage back to their own countries.
"Let Gilad Shalit return to Paris. Let those murderers return to Poland. Once they are back there, we will hunt them down to the end of the world, and prosecute them for their massacres, from Deir Yassin to this day.
"I would like to say something to the Israeli people."
Interviewer: "To the settlers."
To the Israeli People: "Board the Ship We Are Sending You, And Return To Your Countries… You Will Never Be Able To Make Peace with Us"
Yasser Qashlaq: "Yes, to that gang of criminal murderers. Board the ship we are sending you, and return to your countries. Don’t be misled by the Arab leaders or the moderate camp. You will never be able to make peace with us. Our children will return [to Palestine]. There is no reason for coexistence. Even if some of our leaders or regimes sign [peace] with you – we will never sign. Do not be misled by these regimes. Return to your countries."