We would like to take this opportunity to follow up with you about our email regarding our Spring 2016 Campaign.
As a valued reader of MEMRI, you already know that producing and distributing MEMRI research while maintaining the numerous MEMRI websites is an increasingly costly undertaking. That is why your support is so vital to MEMRI at this crucial time. PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING US NOW.
Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, MEMRI is supporting the efforts of Western authorities to fight terrorism and promote reform in the Middle East. To sustain this important work, MEMRI needs your renewed support. PLEASE CONSIDER RENEWING YOUR SUPPORT TODAY.
In the wake of recent terror attacks in Paris, San Bernardino, Istanbul, and Brussels, MEMRI continues to contribute to homeland security and counterterrorism through its Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor (JTTM) project, focused now more than ever on the Islamic State (ISIS). The MEMRI Cyber Jihad Lab (CJL) exposes jihadi communications, including on encrypted platforms, and has been helpful to the U.S. Congress as lawmakers investigate ways to crack down on terrorists' use of social media. MEMRI research on jihad directly assists U.S. and European efforts to thwart ISIS activity.
MEMRI also recently launched its Russian Media Studies Project, to assist Western authorities in understanding Russia's political discourse, vision, aims, and political scene, as well as the implications of its increased involvement in the Middle East and its potential challenges to U.S. and Western national security interests.
In addition to the JTTM, CJL, and the Russian Media Studies Project, MEMRI continues to constantly monitor the following issues and developments:
· Official Palestinian praise for recent Palestinian stabbing and other attacks
· Voices of reform and counter-radicalization
· Effect of the ceasefires declared in parts of Syria
· Ongoing internal power struggles in Iran
· Advancements in Turkish President Erdogan's Islamist agenda
· Demands for rights in Jordan, the Gulf, and across the Arab world
· Increasing criticism of Hizbullah
As a valued reader of MEMRI, you can appreciate the tremendous resources required to sustain these efforts. Because of your generosity, MEMRI is able to continue to assist the U.S. and other Western countries in the day-to-day fight against extremism, benefitting troops in the battlefield and policymakers at home. Your support has allowed us to directly assist the following on a daily basis:
· U.S. and European armed forces
· The U.S. Congress, including leadership and influential committees, particularly on anti-terror legislation
· Security, intelligence and law enforcement personnel at the White House, Department of State, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, FBI, and others
· State and local law enforcement authorities in all 50 states
· Western government agencies
· Academia, including 500 institutes of higher education worldwide
· Leading U.S. media outlets, which request MEMRI research every day
We thank you for your past support for MEMRI and ask whether you could renew your support in 2016. Please consider making a monthly donation - it is the best way for you to help us. You can make your tax-deductible contribution online, or mail a check to MEMRI at P.O. Box 27837, Washington, DC, 20038-7837.