Home |Archives |Report #3394

South Asia Studies Project
 
  Bookmark and Share Text Size
November 22, 2010
Special Dispatch No.3394
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan Vows to Continue the Battle in Afghanistan, Says: 'The NATO Decision to Start Withdrawal of Military Forces from Afghanistan in 2014 is an Irrational Decision'

During the November 19-20, 2010, conference on Afghanistan in Lisbon, Portugal, heads of the governments of 28 NATO member states approved a NATO plan to hand over security responsibilities to Afghan National Army by the end of 2014.

The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (the Taliban's shadow government in Afghanistan) issued two statements, one written before the Lisbon conference but published on November 20, and the other written after the Lisbon conference and published on November 21. The statements were published on the official Taliban website.

In the November 20 statement, the Taliban noted that the U.S has chosen Kandahar, the birthplace of the Taliban, as the key battleground "both for its sentimental and strategic importance." However, the Taliban statement posits that the U.S. troops have not been able to achieve any success in this battleground region, while "the battle for Kandahar has settled steadily in the Mujahideen's favor."

In the November 21 statement, the Taliban said that the NATO plan to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan by 2014 is irrational "because until then, various untoward and tragic events and battles will take place as a result of this meaningless, imposed, and un-winning war." The Taliban statement also warned that the West will not be able to establish a stable government in Kabul, observing: "In the past nine years, the invaders could not establish any system of governance in Kabul; and they will never be able to do so in future."

Following are excerpts from the November 20 and November 21 statements:[1]

November 20 Statement: "The Enemy Neither Knows the Military Strength of the Mujahideen nor Their Main Bases"

The November 20th statement read:

"The White House has determined July 2011 as the deadline to begin withdrawing their defeated invader forces from Afghanistan. It is therefore necessary for them to justify this withdrawal in front of their civilians and the world at large by achieving some meaningful or tangible gain in Afghanistan.

"To this end they have stationed over 150,000 foreign troops in Afghanistan along with all the military technology they can muster. The Americans have chosen Kandahar as their battleground both for its sentimental and strategic importance.

"For the past nine months, the Americans have been attempting their utmost to achieve some sort of military or political gain in Afghanistan. They employed all the propaganda tools at their disposal to turn the people away from the mujahideen. However, failing to win the support of the people, the invaders resorted to the indiscriminate carpet bombings of the people's lands and the mass murders of the innocent civilians. All this has caused the displacement of thousands of families from their lands and villages. However, despite all their trickery and force, the battle for Kandahar has settled steadily in the mujahideen's favor.

"The mujahideen were, from the start of these operations, to carry out precise commando-led operations against the nerve centers of the foreign forces and their puppet partners, thus seizing the initiative from the foreign occupiers. Not only did the mujahideen conduct these operations in Kandahar city, but also extended them to surrounding areas such as the airport, Dand, Arghandab, Zhiri, Panjwaee, and Maiwand districts. The head of the foreign barbarian forces, Nick Carter [the British general who commanded troops in Afghanistan], last month could not give any information on these operations to the media. This is mostly because the enemy neither knows the military strength of the mujahideen nor their main bases."

"Due to Their Failures in the Kandahar Operations, Obama's Approval Ratings in America have Sunk to 46%"

"The mujahideen, profiting from the Dagger and Marjah operations, were able to introduce several new tactics that have completely demoralized the invader forces. These tactics are the main reason why the mujahideen have not abated their operations in the area in the winter season. These new tactics have placed the foreign invaders under significant military and domestic pressure.

"Their failure in the Kandahar operations was also the main reason behind Obama's supporters', the Democrats, defeat in the mid-term elections. Also due to their failures in the Kandahar operations, Obama's approval ratings in America have sunk to 46%, while the myth of America's military superiority has been shattered globally. This Friday's NATO meeting in Portugal will also address how the foreigners can prevent the escalating death toll of their soldiers in Afghanistan.

"Though the eleventh [i.e. November] month in Afghanistan is generally very cold and naturally impedes any military undertakings, the mujahideen have been so active in Afghanistan that midway through the month, the invaders (who hide 90% of their real casualties in Afghanistan) by their own count have lost over 23 soldiers in this month. In summary it has become clear that after nine years of occupation, the invaders are doomed to the same fate as those that tread this path before them. Their troop surges, their new strategies, their new generals, their new negotiations, and their new propagandas have been of no avail.

"The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan opines that the Americans have exhausted themselves in Afghanistan over the last nine years, and now will not stay long in our beloved country. What they could not gain in the last few months with their, then, fresh [surge of] troops, they will not be able to gain in Kandahar, with their, now, demoralized and fearful troops. It is becoming manifest that the Americans will not be able to conceal their defeat in Afghanistan for too long. Therefore, the White House, instead of counting their mounting casualties in Afghanistan, had better be advised to formulate a withdrawal plan, to at least save those troops, which are still alive."

November 21 Statement: "The Real Solution of the Afghan Issue Lies in Withdrawal of the Foreign Forces; They Should not Postpone Withdrawal of Their Forces Even be It for One Day"

Following are excerpts from the November 21 statement:[2]

"On 20.11.2010 ended the meeting of 28 NATO member countries which had been held in Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. Participants of the meeting passed some decisions about Afghanistan. In response, the Islamic Emirate issues its stance concerning the decision as follows:

"1. Seeing that the USA failed to get additional military assistance of the NATO member countries in [the] Lisbon meeting for prolongation of the war in Afghanistan despite its all-out efforts; or at least get [a] commitment to ensure long-term continuation of the present military power of the NATO member countries in Afghanistan, therefore it is good news for the Afghans and all freedom-loving people of the world, and it is a sign of failure for the American government. In the past nine years, the invaders could not establish any system of governance in Kabul; and they will never be able to do so in future.

"2. The real solution of the Afghan issue lies in the withdrawal of the foreign forces. Hence, the NATO decision to start withdrawal of military forces from Afghanistan in 2014 is an irrational decision because until then, various untoward and tragic events and battles will take place as a result of this meaningless, imposed, and un-winning war. The bottom line for them is to immediately implement what they would ultimately have to implement, though after colossal casualties. They should not postpone withdrawal of their forces even be it for one day."

"The Mujahid People of Afghanistan... are not Ready to Tolerate Foreign Invasion; We Consider the Whole Region as Our Home against Colonialism"

 "3. As far as the mujahid people of Afghanistan are concerned, they are not ready to tolerate foreign invasion and occupation of their country even if it is for one day because of their firm determination; nor do they feel exhausted in the way of the sacred jihad and the struggle of independence. So, they will not remain silent even for a single night until... the goal of complete freedom and formation of an independent government is achieved. They will not wait for the time of implementation of a given decision or timetable of withdrawal.

"4. Seeing that the invading forces, which have come here from far-flung places thousands of kilometers away, and want to set a timetable for withdrawal but still want to continue presence of their forces at the regional countries, therefore the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan calls on the neighboring and regional countries to take drastic measures for a bright future of Afghanistan, the Afghans, and the region, [and] for good relationship and reconstruction of Afghanistan.

"5. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has formulated comprehensive policy for the future Afghanistan, for efficient governance, security, Islamic justice, education, economic advancement, national unity, and a foreign policy that will ensure protection of the country against any harm of others, and convince the world that the future Afghanistan will not harm them. The Islamic Emirate wants to take strong steps in collaboration with all countries and in the framework of mutual respect to maintain bilateral... [cooperation] with all countries, [and] ensure economic progress and bright future.

"We consider the whole region as our home against colonialism and as a responsible force, [and] want to play a role for peace and stability of the region in future..."


 

Endnotes:

[1] The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (www.shahamat.info), Afghanistan, November 20, 2010.  The text of the statements has been lightly edited for clarity.

[2] The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (www.shahamat.info), Afghanistan, November 21, 2010.



 

Latest Clips More >
Latest Reports More >
Saudi Columnist: Wishing Christians Well On Their Holidays Will Bring Christianity, Islam Closer Together
Special Dispatch - No. 5268 - April 11, 2013

Former Kuwaiti MP Threatens Abduction Of U.S. Soldiers To Force The Release Of Guantanamo Prisoners
Special Dispatch - No. 5267 - April 10, 2013

Saudi Columnist: The State Should Take Sermon-Writing Away From Preachers
Special Dispatch - No. 5266 - April 10, 2013

French-Tunisian Imam Hassan Chalghoumi: Jews And Muslims In France Should Cooperate To Fight Racism
Special Dispatch - No. 5265 - April 10, 2013

Iranian Presidential Elections (1): Regime Escalates Intimidation Of Citizens, Demands Cooperation With Security Apparatuses
Inquiry & Analysis Series Report - No. 957 - April 9, 2013

YouTube Questioned In U.K. House Of Commons Over Keeping Terrorism-Promoting Videos Active On Its Website; Of 125 Videos Of Al-Qaeda Commander Al-Zawahiri Flagged On YouTube By MEMRI, YouTube Keeps 57 Active
Inquiry & Analysis Series Report - No. 956 - April 9, 2013

Egyptian Satirist Bassem Youssuf Conducts Choir In Song Mocking Muslim Brotherhood And Its Ties With Qatar
Special Dispatch - No. 5264 - April 8, 2013

ISI Confirms That Jabhat Al-Nusra Is Its Extension In Syria, Declares 'Islamic State Of Iraq And Al-Sham' As New Name Of Merged Group
Special Dispatch - No. 5264 - April 8, 2013

Egyptian Columnist: Jewish Internet Moguls Benefit Humanity And Muslims More Than Muslim Scholars And Al-Qaeda
Special Dispatch - No. 5263 - April 8, 2013

Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor (JTTM) Weekend Summary
Special Announcements - No. 230 - April 6, 2013