Following are excerpts from a religious program featuring Egyptian cleric Abu Islam, which aired on Al-Omma TV on February 7, 2013:
Abu Islam: They say that [harming] women is taboo. The naked, unveiled women who go [to Tahrir Square] in order to get raped – all of a sudden, they are considered taboo... Then they call for Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood to resign. By the way, 90% of them are Crusader women, and the other 10% are Freemasons and widows who are fearless and out of control. These women talk like ghouls. They have no shame, no manners, no fear, and not a shred of femininity. Be feminine, woman! You have a religious obligation to be a woman. But you see these women with disheveled hair, like a devil! These are devils in the form of women. You should learn from Muslim women.